PAGES...

Friday, February 22, 2013

New Chapter...

Today will bookmark a new chapter for me in my own personal book of life. On a previous blog I wrote about making changes in your life to attain the goals you set. Well something to that affect. Basically I wrote about things that you don't like and if you have to complain about them all the time then maybe the changes lie within you. Regardless that was the jest of the entire blog. And truly that is the walk of life I want to remain on from this day forward. A lot of things in my life were just mediocre. I was so bored out of my mind with mediocre and just living life from day to day with no expectations. OK that's not entirely true, I had expectations and high ones I might add. But I finally stopped looking and thinking about what I wanted out of life and decided to start making things happen to better my situation so that one day I don't have to just envision what I want to do or where I want to go. Instead, I can "JUST DO IT!"

I like that slogan a lot. I wish I would have thought of it first. LOL

What are your goals in life? What do you want to accomplish before that great day of judgement? Are you taking the necessary steps to surpass them, not just reach them?

One of the main questions I asked myself one day was; "Would my kids be proud of my accomplishments when they are older and look back?" At the time my answer was HECK NO! Mainly because I haven't done anything for ME to be proud of MYSELF. Duh Kanika, Really? (Yes I did just speak to myself in third person, don't act like y'all have never done it...lol) If you can't be proud of yourself then how on Earth can you expect others to be. Same as loving yourself in my book, some may disagree but eh to each his/her own opinion. I know some people may think the goals I have set for myself at this current moment will fail and that's cool. It's not like this is the first time I have ever been told, "I don't think you can do that or I don't think that's such a good idea." Honestly in the past that has been my stopping point. I would speak into the atmosphere for others to hear what my plans were and it would get shot down like the ducks on the Nintendo game Duck Hunt. POW! I was instantly defeated. I always let others opinions on my life dictate how I lived.

Thank God I grew out of that stage of my life. The grown up Kanika doesn't need a pat on the back, encouraging words, a pep talk, or approval from anyone but the maker himself. When he gives me those signs that keep adding up no matter how many times I blow them off as being maybe just a coincidence. He doesn't and hasn't given up on me so I figured it was time to get up off my butt and do what he has been showing me all this time. Sure it's gonna be hard at first, nothing is ever easy and if it is then it probably ain't right. As long as I keep the faith and stay prayed up, all of my endeavors will prosper. That word is bond for sure. Alrighty good people that's my testimony for today and how I'm feeling. Much Love...

HOW YOU DOING?! ~Nika~

No comments:

Post a Comment