PAGES...

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thankful for my hustle...

The month of January was the best month I have had since I began putting my work out there. A year ago today I was officially just getting my feet wet in the industry with my first month of sales being completed. 'Love Drug' is still by far my absolute favorite because it was my first. The current title 'The Ultimate Fight' has bypassed that books first months sales by a few miles.
Don't just follow your dreams; chase them down, grab hold and don't let go. ― Kellie Elmore
I'm truly thankful for my hustling mindset. I refused to give up no matter how many times I read a review that I felt was unjust... when I didn't get the support of the loved ones around me... when monthly sales weren't as good... when no response was given to the thousands of query letters (hypothetically speaking) that were sent out. The hustle mentality that I pride myself on would not give up.
By following my dreams I wrote the words that were flowing through my mind on paper that later turned into a wonderful love story. That was only the beginning, I plan to chase them down like the coyote chasing the roadrunner. Unlike that poor Wiley Coyote I will grab a hold of everyone of them and I never plan to let go. 
I know some folks have a knack for dissecting words to discredit others so let me be clear. The definitions of hustle that I favor are below:
Hustle - 2. Energetic activity; drive. or 
3. To act aggressively, especially in business dealings
There are so many different definitions to the word hustle. This word as well as so many others have been altered, edited, shaped, and formed to fit another individual(s) use of the word. Some critics frown upon the word hustle because they've only heard it in reference to illegal activity or any other negative form. I have learned in my 33 years that you have to dig a little deeper not just fall for the what's on the surface before you judge.
Matthew chapter verse 1 says “Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Judging others, their actions, or the way they present themselves is not the way especially if you don't know their story.
An opinion once again is like a butt-hole, everyone has one.
That's all folks I just wanted to share what's on my mind today. Have a blessed one... :)
From the beginning... where it all started!
BookCoverPreview2
Present time... Stay tuned
The Ultimate Fight
The Ultimate Fight
Much Love ~Nika~

No comments:

Post a Comment