PAGES...

Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Part One…
I know it’s been a while since I have blogged. Honestly there is no excuses or explanations that could top the one BIG truth, LIFE. Life has happened… Life is continuing to happen… It’s happening as we speak. Am I complaining, NO MA’AM & NO SIR. That’s the beauty of it. I’m not regretting jack nor am I wishing for any differences. Sure over the years I have gained a few pounds (okay more than a few) over the years. Would I like to lose some weight and tone up? Sure the heck would. Am I wigging out over it? Heck no. 
This time of year is when everyone in the world issues their New Year’s resolutions. Lose weight, stop cussing, go to church more, increase their territory (I love that song by the way), new this, new that, find love, and the list could go on forever. I used to be one of those people that gave off empty promises of changes. Why do I say empty? Because let’s keep it pimpin’, why wait until January 1st to say what you want to change? What is so special about January 1st that will motivate a person to make some changes? 
Not a dag-blasted thing is special about that day besides it being the mark on the calendar that signifies the beginning of a new year. Out with the old, in with the new. December 31st is officially old news when the clock strikes 12:01. Boo-damn-hoo… Do I sound like a grouch? If so that is not my intentions. My thing is, why not make adjustments throughout the year instead of waiting until the start of a new year? I guess it’s considered as tradition but traditions change. 
A lot of people that make the resolution to diet, it lasts all of a month. As soon as they get sick of fixing salads and living by a printout from google they are off to their favorite restaurant pigging out. (Making up for lost time) Then there are the ones that vow to stop cussing, judging, gossiping, and other derogatory things but as soon as someone or something doesn’t go their way… BOY!!! They are clicking harder than a general in the army, calling folks everything but the child of God. Am I perfect, heck no but that’s the beauty of it, I don’t strive to be nor do I want to be. 

Can you imagine what kind of a microscope a PERFECT person would be under?

Child please, I embrace my flaws happily. God is always working on me and that alone makes me feel like I can make it through whatever curves LIFE throws at me. As long as he is the head of my life with me giving him all of the praise and all of the glory, nothing is too great for me to accomplish. 
So instead of setting RESOLUTIONS, I am setting GOALS. How you love that… :)
#1 – Love harder, laugh longer, and live life to the fullest… 
I know that was more one thing under one line but it all ties together for me. Like I said before I’m not going by what society thinks is best anymore. I’m living for me and mines, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 
Love harder – the proof will just have to be in the putting… If you are close to me you will see the evidence if not… <Que the crickets>
Laugh longer – laughter is good for the soul plus it is said to decrease aging ailments. If stress adds years to your life, laughter has to lighten that burden even if just a smidgen. BOOM!
Live life to the fullest – self explanatory. 
And that’s all I can give you lovely people because although I’m not overly superstitious, I prefer to keep my goals to myself. Just keep me in your prayers. 
Love you all, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Enjoy life more than just living by a protocol. Stay tuned for part two… 
Much Love ~NappyRedd30~

No comments:

Post a Comment