PAGES...

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Rejection...

Rejection
noun
  1. 1.
    the dismissing or refusing of a proposal, idea, etc.
    "the union decided last night to recommend rejection of the offer"
    synonyms:refusal, declining, turning down, dismissal, spurning 


~
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at times because all I ever do is rant. I don't mean to sound like I am full of complaints or anything but some stuff just bugs the mess out of me. 

It has been established that not every story, situation, thought, all the way down to a dish or piece of clothing is for everyone. Some folks like tight, revealing, flashy clothes where as others prefer loose fitting, less-revealing, and more toned-down attire. Where some ratchet folks love to start up, keep up, and spread drama versus the ones who would much rather steer clear of the bull. Food preferences is self explanatory, no one likes the same thing all the time. Too many choices are out there to just stick with whats always available. 

As a form of entertainment or being in the entertainment industry, it's a chore to even attempt to keep up with the many ideas that flow through the mind. I for one am always second guessing, third guessing, and at times questioning myself or work for a fourth time. 

Is it good enough? Will people like it? Am I good enough? Why can't this or that? Why didn't this or that?

A story I released last year didn't get the response I thought it would. To me as well as several other sneak readers loved the story and had nothing but great things to say about it. When it was released the sales were phenomenal but alas the very few reviews received did not meet expectations. To say it was a huge setback for my fragile, freshly started ego it was a major disappointment. After crying and whining about it for quite a while, I moved forward in hopes of remedying what went wrong. 

The only problem is that I can't figure out, "WHAT EXACTLY WENT WRONG?" 
I don't have a friggin' clue... I have read, re-read, broken the story down, and for the life of me I can't figure out why it didn't go as far as expected. 

Then the wake up call touched down, EVERY-BODY-DOES-NOT-LIKE-EVERY-THING.... DUH!

Of course my sound board, the one that can never escape my voiced concerns, told me in advance to be prepared that some readers may not feel where I was going with the interracial romance. I understood and took to heart where he was coming from but I just knew that hopefully I would reach the readers who didn't see color. The ones that would see the intense budding romance between two people and not the differences between the two. Not saying that's the reason why in my eyes the book was a flop but I can't help but feel that could be a factor in why the sells aren't as good as others.

Then the reviews, of course all reviews are not going to be favorable to the author. That much is clear. But then when there are contradicting reviews, I have to wonder what's really going on. Who knows why some folks say what they say... Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

One reviewer said it was riddled with repetitiveness and mistakes... Mind you the mistakes was not found... (shrugs shoulders)
The next one said it was free of mistakes but they thought the characters were empty... <blank stare>
A few others said it was a perfect love story and they loved the way he loved his woman...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion cause I know I will voice mine at any given moment. Even if the truth hurts, it is what it is... It's official, I have hit my first bump in the road and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. You win some, you lose some... 

That's all for today peeps... Holla at your girl...

Much Love ~Nika~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment