PAGES...

Friday, January 18, 2013

In Deep Thought...

My mind sometimes runs a mile a minute. Before I can complete one thought another thought forms and sometimes forces its way to the forefront of my mind. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't have a freaking clue. One thing about it is that I should never get bored. Lol...

Although my books are my passion at the moment, my second hobby is my hair and its quickly forcing its way back into the limelight. I fell off something terrible considering the way I was when I first went natural. Actually I blogged almost everyday about my hair with pictures to back it up but eventually I got bored with my hair, didn't feel like taking pictures to watch my process, and so many other excuses because thats exactly what it was. EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE...

I'm officially ready to LOVE my hair back to health... After reading a blog and other reports of trying the Natural Hair Growth Challenge, I have decided that I wanna be IN like FLINN... yep real corny. First I'm going to get a drastic cut by a professional and then get a trim every three months afterwards. I am going to try the same challenge on Ashy's hair and document our process even if it's with just one single picture of before and after. Along with the growth challenge, I plan to do the moisturizer challenge as well. I'm going back to making my own hair care products made from Shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe Vera gel. Also I will be washing once a week with dr. Bonner's since its sulfate free. I plan to mist, steam, or rinse the other days of the week. My Shealoe back into my regimen will hopefully help out with my frizz, mayonnaise deep condishes once a week is the goal, and I just purchased a new product that I never heard of that has repairing qualities. It can be used as a styling product as well as a leave in conditioner. OH AND DID I MENTION ITS ALL NATURAL and on sale at Walgreens buy one get one free!!! My challenge officially starts NOW. I still have to get my hair cut but hopefully that will be done soon and then the fun can begin.

Follow my journey not only through the rocky road of writing but also follow me and my hair love affair (HUBBY APPROVED AFFAIR).

My Fotki is http://members.fotki.com/NaturalKandi/about/

Wish me luck... MUCH LOVE ~Nika~

No comments:

Post a Comment